First 40,000 tickets for London game sell in 90 minutes
LONDON -- Five months before the Saints and Chargers kick off at Wembley Stadium, tickets already are going fast.
The first 40,000 tickets made available for the NFL's second overseas regular-season game were sold in 90 minutes Thursday. The game will be Oct. 26, a Saints home game.
Because of the demand, the NFL released an additional 5,000 to go on sale immediately.
"We are delighted to report the overwhelming interest in this year's game," Alistair Kirkwood, managing director of NFL UK, said. "This proves that our event is one of the most eagerly awaited on the British sports calendar."
The NFL will play at least one game in the United Kingdom for each of the next three seasons.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Falcons agree with WR White on 4-year deal
- Source: Gordon to appeal suspension Aug. 1
- Ware: Broncos' goal No. 1 D and O
- Chiefs sign Charles to contract extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings New Orleans Saints Goal Line Softee Football