Kearse won't talk about DUI charges, wants to focus on practice
The 31-year-old defensive end was stopped at 4:42 a.m. Sunday by Vanderbilt University police after they saw the SUV he was driving weave across the road.
After Kearse failed a field sobriety test and refused a breathalyzer test, he was taken to the Metro Nashville Criminal Justice Center and booked on the DUI charge.
Asked if it was difficult to concentrate on football with the charges pending, Kearse said it was tough and that he was trying to stay positive.
Coach Jeff Fisher said he was disappointed in the arrest. He said the Titans are trying to eliminate the embarrassing incidents that have plagued them over the past few seasons.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Talib gets $57M deal from Broncos
- Dolphins trade Martin to 49ers for draft pick
- Saints RB Sproles: 'I want to get released'
- Saints sign RB Thomas to 2-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Tennessee Titans Salute to Service Knit Hat