Rams first-round pick Long agrees to six-year deal
Chris Long describes his playing style and how his father helped him prepare for the draft.
The financial terms of the five-year deal, with the option for a sixth, were not available. The Rams report to training camp at Concordia University in Mequon, Wis., on Thursday.
The Rams anticipate the 279-pound Long starting at right end to beef up an anemic pass rush.
Long's signing means the top three picks have agreed to contracts before training camp. The Dolphins signed first overall pick Jake Long, an offensive tackle from Michigan, before the draft and quarterback Matt Ryan has signed with the Falcons.
The Rams have signed half of their eight picks.
Long is the son of Hall of Fame defensive end Howie Long.
John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com. Information from the Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Mo' money: NFL teams split $6B in revenue
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- NFL supplemental draft passes without a pick
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Sam Bradford In Your Face Mural Wall Graphic