Report: Garcia suffers calf injury, Gruden says QB is day-to-day
Bucs coach Jon Gruden said he doesn't think the injury is serious, calling the 38-year-old veteran day-to-day even though Garcia could not put weight on the leg.
"I don't believe it's serious," Gruden told the Times. "We're going to get the information. He might not have much at all. Right now, until we evaluate it further, we really can't say much else.
"I think it was just a freak thing. He was dropping back and took off as he always does, changed directions and felt a little pull in there."
Garcia went to the locker room on a golf cart and had trouble walking 15 feet from the sidewalk to the front door.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers not cleared, still under evaluation
- Broncos' Welker still not cleared to practice
- Source: Garvin fined $25K for hit on Huber
- Flacco to wear knee brace against Patriots
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico Tampa Bay Buccaneers Laser Tag License Plate