Report: Garcia suffers calf injury, Gruden says QB is day-to-day
Bucs coach Jon Gruden said he doesn't think the injury is serious, calling the 38-year-old veteran day-to-day even though Garcia could not put weight on the leg.
"I don't believe it's serious," Gruden told the Times. "We're going to get the information. He might not have much at all. Right now, until we evaluate it further, we really can't say much else.
"I think it was just a freak thing. He was dropping back and took off as he always does, changed directions and felt a little pull in there."
Garcia went to the locker room on a golf cart and had trouble walking 15 feet from the sidewalk to the front door.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Dolphins trade Martin to 49ers for draft pick
- Jags send former 1st-rounder Gabbert to SF
- Cowboys cut Pro-Bowler Ware; Broncos next?
- Sources: Talib gets $57M deal from Broncos
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raymond James Stadium Photo Mint