Domestic violence charges against Lions S Pearson dropped
Pearson, who played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 2005-07, was arrested April 26 and charged with aggravated battery on a pregnant woman and domestic battery by strangulation, both felonies.
The fourth-year pro, who signed with the Lions as a restricted free agent in March, still faces a misdemeanor charge of obstructing or opposing an officer without force. He is scheduled for arraignment Sept. 8.
Assistant state attorney Pam Bondi was not immediately available for comment.
Pearson appeared in all 16 games last year and led the Bucs in special teams tackles with 21.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Forever Collectibles Detroit Lions Mascot Tassel Hat