Domestic violence charges against Lions S Pearson dropped
Pearson, who played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 2005-07, was arrested April 26 and charged with aggravated battery on a pregnant woman and domestic battery by strangulation, both felonies.
The fourth-year pro, who signed with the Lions as a restricted free agent in March, still faces a misdemeanor charge of obstructing or opposing an officer without force. He is scheduled for arraignment Sept. 8.
Assistant state attorney Pam Bondi was not immediately available for comment.
Pearson appeared in all 16 games last year and led the Bucs in special teams tackles with 21.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- 49ers' Smith won't face felony in airport case
- Sherman: 'Dollars' best way to show respect
- Source: Panthers pick up Newton's option
- Kosar: Concussions cost me broadcasting job
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Detroit Lions Goal Line Softee Football