Broncos sign Poole to try to patch up injury-riddled secondary
To make room, the Broncos released fourth-year cornerback Christian Morton.
Poole, who was cut by Houston last summer, has played for Oakland (2006), New England (2003-05), Denver (2002), Indianapolis (1998-2000) and Carolina (1995-97) since entering the NFL as a first-round draft pick by the Panthers in 1995 from Fort Valley State University.
Poole has 18 career interceptions, 121 pass breakups, nine forced fumbles and five fumble recoveries in 142 games, including 112 starts.
During his one season in Denver, Poole played in all 16 games, starting four times and collecting 51 tackles, 10 pass breakups and a forced fumble.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Pats' Blount cleared of Pittsburgh pot charge
- Lynch offers statement, doesn't answer Q's
- 'Beast Mode' pop-up store doing brisk sales
- Gordon fires at critics in letter: I'm no addict
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Denver Broncos Demaryius Thomas #88