Cowboys acquire Holland from Denver to help patch hole in offensive line
Dallas released cornerback Tyler Everett to make room on its roster.
Holland, who started all 16 games at right guard for the Broncos last season, could play left guard in Dallas for injured starter Kyle Kosier, who could miss the first month of the regular season with an injured right foot.
Holland was a fourth-round choice of New Orleans in the 2003 draft. He played four seasons with the Saints, starting 30 of 52 games, before signing last year with Denver as an unrestricted free agent.
Denver will get a fifth-round draft pick in 2010 from the Cowboys.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Repetitive Lynch: 'Here so I won't get fined'
- Browner stands by comments on targeting
- Patriots' Blount: Seahawks D 'not immortal'
- Ex-Patriots RB Tatupu had CTE, family says
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Dallas Cowboys Demarco Murray #29