League suspends Patriots RB Faulk 1 game for drug infraction
Faulk's suspension began Saturday. He will be eligible to return to the team Sept. 8, the day after New England's opener against Kansas City.
In July, a judge in Lafayette, La., sentenced the 32-year-old Faulk to a year of probation after he pleaded no contest to misdemeanor marijuana charges. Faulk had been issued a misdemeanor summons for possession of marijuana at a Li'l Wayne concert at the Cajundome in February.
Last season, Faulk had 47 catches for 383 yards and one touchdown. He also had 62 rushes for 265 yards.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Jones-Drew: London deserves an NFL team
- Johnson: Lions 'need to win a Super Bowl'
- Pack hold off Favre return, afraid of booing
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Great American Products New England Patriots 2-Piece GameBall Coffee Mug Set