Source: Browns to start Anderson against Cowboys
Updated: August 31, 2008, 9:55 PM ETBy James Walker | ESPN.com
"Barring any unforeseen event, [Anderson] is going to play," the source said.Anderson has been sidelined since Aug. 18 with a mild concussion following a second-quarter sack by New York Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora. Anderson hit his head on the turf during the play and missed the final two preseason games. Although not 100-percent committed, Browns general manager Phil Savage also hinted to reporters over the weekend that Anderson should be ready. "The expectation is 'DA' will be back and ready to go," Savage said. Anderson will be one of the most watched quarterbacks in 2008 coming off a surprise Pro Bowl season. He threw for 3,787 yards, 29 touchdowns and 19 interceptions while going 10-5 as a starter for the Browns last season. James Walker covers the NFL for ESPN.com.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Saints shakeup: New kicker, rookie in at LT
- 49ers' fans plan billboard to mock Seattle
- Suspended Incognito 'pulling for' Dolphins
- Jerry backs Romo: We have to 'take risks'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Turner Licensing® Cleveland Browns 2014 Team Mini Wall Calendar