Rookie defensive tackle Jones (elbow) sits out Titans' practice
The second-round pick from Eastern Michigan, was wearing a brace on Thursday, but Titans coach Jeff Fisher said he hopes Jones will be able to practice Friday in preparation for Sunday's season opener against Jacksonville.
Bironas has missed the entire preseason with a strained groin on his kicking leg. He said on Thursday that Fisher gave him a day off to rest as he begins getting ready for the season opener.
Bironas said he is likely to practice on Friday and expects to kick on Sunday. He made 35 of 39 field goals last season.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Manziel works out for Browns brass
- Kelly leaves NYC to continue cancer treatment
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Riddell Tennessee Titans Proline Authentic Football Helmet