Rookie defensive tackle Jones (elbow) sits out Titans' practice
The second-round pick from Eastern Michigan, was wearing a brace on Thursday, but Titans coach Jeff Fisher said he hopes Jones will be able to practice Friday in preparation for Sunday's season opener against Jacksonville.
Bironas has missed the entire preseason with a strained groin on his kicking leg. He said on Thursday that Fisher gave him a day off to rest as he begins getting ready for the season opener.
Bironas said he is likely to practice on Friday and expects to kick on Sunday. He made 35 of 39 field goals last season.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Snyder won't intervene with RG III
- Rodgers experiencing pain, status uncertain
- Study: Hits to the head still prevalent in NFL
- Marshall: Cowboys were beat before game
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Tennessee Titans Legend Breast Cancer Awareness Navy Performance T-Shirt