Taylor doesn't let sprained knee keep him from opener vs. Giants
Taylor sprained his knee in the second quarter of a 47-3 loss to the Carolina Panthers in Week 3 of the preseason. The Redskins estimated at the time he would be out 10 to 14 days.
Taylor hasn't missed a game since 1999. His streak of 130 consecutive regular-season starts ranks seventh among active players. He has played with various injuries, including a broken arm.
The injury happened when Taylor's leg bent awkwardly in a pile at the end of a running play.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lynch offers statement, doesn't answer Q's
- Gordon fires at critics in letter: I'm no addict
- Player: Seahawks miffed over HGH tests
- Brady, Belichick say Seau a lock for HOF
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Washington Redskins Upkilter Red Mid-v T-shirt