Former Falcons, Giants lineman Enderle found dead at 60
NEW YORK -- Dick Enderle, an offensive lineman who played eight seasons in the NFL after starring at the University of Minnesota in the 1960s, was found dead in his Manhattan apartment. He was 60.
Emergency medical workers pronounced him dead at the scene Thursday. He was found unconscious on the floor next to an exercise machine. Police said no foul play was suspected.
Enderle was a guard on Minnesota's co-Big Ten championship team in 1967. He played for the Atlanta Falcons (1969-1971), New York Giants (1972-75), Green Bay Packers (1976) and San Francisco 49ers (1976).
Enderle was born in Breckenridge, Minn., and worked as a carpenter after leaving football.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Atlanta Falcons Cross-Body Maroon Sheen Purse