With Newman injured, Pacman likely to make his first start for Cowboys
"I can't hide it," Jerry Jones told the Dallas Morning News, talking about Adam Jones. "He sees it in my eyes. He smells it and I'm proud of him, and I'm proud for him."
Newman strained his groin muscle in training camp on July 28 and did not participate in the preseason. He is listed as questionable but a team source told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley that Newman would not play.
The Cowboys' injury report Wednesday said Newman participated in practice, but coach Wade Phillips said the report was inaccurate. Newman has participated in limited activities the past three days.
ESPN 's Ed Werder and ESPN.com's Matt Mosley contributed to this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Colts owner Irsay faces four felony counts
- Source: Cowboys add ex-Browns QB Weeden
- Revis on joining Pats: 'I just wanted to win'
- Saints bring back RT Strief on five-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Dallas Cowboys Softee Football Three-Ball Set