Cardinals center Johnson out for year with knee injury
Johnson hurt his knee in training camp and had surgery in early August. Coach Ken Whisenhunt had said he hoped to have him back in the lineup on opening day.
Johnson missed two games last year with a knee injury.
Replacing the 29-year-old Johnson on the roster was center Pat Ross, who was elevated from the practice squad. Ross was claimed by the Cardinals on waivers from Carolina on August 1. He spent training camp with the team and was released last Saturday and re-signed to the practice squad on Monday.
The Cardinals also released safety Oliver Celestin.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
- OTL: He may have shot Tillman
- Source: Jags to meet with Bridgewater again
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Arizona Cardinals University of Phoenix Stadium Signature Stadium Photo