Wallace, Payne join long list of Seahawks receivers hurt this season
The team announced just before Sunday's kickoff that Wallace would miss its home opener because of a groin injury. The dynamic backup quarterback was set to have a big role at receiver after practicing there the last two weeks. He ran pass patterns during pregame warmups. That's apparently when he got hurt.
Courtney Taylor, Logan Payne and Michael Bumpus -- an undrafted rookie from Washington State signed from the practice squad on Saturday -- started the game in a three wide receiver formation. Then on the second series, Payne left after getting hit on the knee by Dashon Goldson during a reception.
Billy McMullen was the other wide receiver available. The veteran was appearing in his first game since 2006. Seattle signed him Wednesday.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- RG III scoffs at zone read talk: Not who I am
- Wear with pride: T-shirts help unite Dolphins
- Cards, CB Peterson agree to record $70M deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Seattle Seahawks Russell Wilson #3