Payne put on IR with torn knee ligament; Wallace out a month
Logan Payne is going on injured reserve because of a torn knee ligament and Seneca Wallace is out up to a month with a calf injury. They become the fifth and sixth Seahawks wide receivers injured this season. Payne is the second lost for the season.
Payne started Sunday's overtime loss to San Francisco, but was hit on his right knee as he planted his leg on his only catch in the first quarter. Coach Mike Holmgren said the 2007 practice squad player has an injury to his medial collateral ligament.
Wallace was a big part of Sunday's game plan as an emergency fill-in receiver. Then the backup quarterback pulled his calf muscle during pregame warmups.
Holmgren says the team will be looking to sign or possibly trade for more receivers before next Sunday's game against the also winless St. Louis Rams.
Cornerback Kelly Jennings has a broken rib but will play against the Rams.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch starts holdout over contract
- Steelers holding off on new Big Ben contract
- Cowboys' McClain convicted, already appeals
- Saints TE Graham glad contract 'mess' over
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Great American Products Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions Keychain and Money Clip Set