Raiders' Kelly arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Oakland Raiders defensive end Tommy Kelly was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence. Authorities say Kelly was booked at Oakland's Glenn E. Dyer Detention Facility on Monday and later released.
Calls to the Raiders and Kelly's agent were not immediately returned.
The Raiders signed Kelly to a $50.5 million contract this year even though the veteran defensive lineman was coming off a serious knee injury that cut his 2007 season short. Kelly had surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.
Kelly replaced Warren Sapp as the anchor of the Raiders' defensive line.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch plans holdout over contract
- 49ers' Smith: I've stayed sober since Sept.
- Source: Johnson reports to Texans camp
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Oakland Raiders Quick Toss Softee Football