Judge issues warrant for Bengals' Shirley in drunk driving case
FRESNO, Calif. -- A Fresno County judge has issued a warrant for an NFL player facing trial on suspicion of drunken driving.
Bramer was prepared to assign a courtroom for Shirley's trial but said the former Fresno State player had to be present.
Shirley's lawyer, Charles Magill, says his client cannot get to Fresno. The Bengals host the Cleveland Browns Sunday.
Fresno police arrested Shirley after he allegedly crashed into an apartment building and fled the scene Oct. 8, 2007. Police say his blood-alcohol level was 0.12, above the legal limit of 0.08.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers tops Watt, collects 2nd MVP award
- Seau, Bettis, Shields among 8 in HOF class
- Cardinals' Arians wins 2nd coach of year honor
- Watt 1st unanimous DPOY; Murray honored
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Away Game Jersey Cincinnati Bengals Andy Dalton #14