Reports: Elway engaged to 41-year-old ex-Raiders cheerleader
Denver media reported Friday that the two-time Super Bowl winner proposed to 41-year-old Paige Green during a trip to Italy last week.
Elway told the Rocky Mountain News he was "looking forward to a long life together" with Green.
A telephone message left by The Associated Press with Elway's secretary wasn't immediately returned.
The 48-year-old Elway was previously married to Janet Elway for 18 years. They have four children.
According to The Denver Post, Elway and Green met three years ago at a golf tournament in Los Angeles.
In a recent interview, Green talked about the couple's first date.
"It either gets better or worse from there," Green told Denver Magazine. "In this case, it got good enough that I moved to Denver a year later."
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes'
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles
- Veteran Nicks, Bucs 'mutually agree' to part
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Northwest Denver Broncos 5-Piece Contrast Twin Bed In Bag Set