Knee injury lands Robinson on injured reserve
The Panthers signed former Wake Forest receiver Kenneth Moore to take his roster spot.
Robinson sprained his left knee in training camp July 31. After missing all the preseason, he practiced on a limited basis the past several weeks but has not been active for a game.
Moore, a Charlotte native, was Detroit's fifth-round draft pick last spring. He was among the Lions' final cuts before being signed to their practice squad.
Meanwhile, receiver D.J. Hackett (knee) missed practice and is expected to sit out Sunday's game against Tampa Bay. That means Dwayne Jarrett will become the No. 3 receiver behind Steve Smith and Muhsin Muhammad.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Colts owner Irsay faces four felony counts
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Saints bring back RT Strief on five-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Men's Carolina Panthers Turbo Watch