Kitna has MRI on back, could miss game vs. Vikings
Kitna missed practice Wednesday, three days after leaving the Lions' game against the Chicago Bears with back spasms. Coach Rod Marinelli said he doesn't know yet whether Kitna will be available Sunday, putting his streak of 36 consecutive starts in jeopardy.
Dan Orlovsky replaced Kitna in the third quarter -- the earliest the fourth-year pro has come into a game -- and completed 13-of-23 passes for 97 yards with one interception in Detroit's 34-7 loss. He and third-stringer Drew Stanton split practice time Wednesday.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Manziel will work out for Browns
- Kelly leaves NYC to continue cancer treatment
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Tervis Detroit Lions 24 oz Logo Wrap Tumbler