Saints' Colston out against Raiders
NEW ORLEANS -- Saints receiver Marques Colston, who hoped to return to the lineup this weekend after sitting out a month with a thumb injury, was scratched for New Orleans' home game against the Oakland Raiders on Sunday.
The Saints also scratched starting safety Kevin Kaesviharn, whose back was bothering him late in the week; receiver David Patten (groin); cornerback Aaron Glenn (ankle); and tight end Jeremy Shockey, who returned to limited practice last week but was doubtful as he recovers from sports hernia surgery.
Oakland scratched starting defensive end Derrick Burgess (triceps), who was listed as doubtful late in the week.
The Saints also re-signed Joey Harrington and designated him their third quarterback.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings New Orleans Saints Softee Three-Football Set