Quad injury forces Pierce to miss third consecutive practice
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New York Giants middle linebacker Antonio Pierce missed practice Friday for the third consecutive day with a quad injury and was listed as questionable for Sunday's game against San Francisco.
Pierce has not said how or when he suffered the injury, but indicated it probably happened in the Giants' 44-6 win over Seattle on Oct. 5. He aggravated the injury Monday night against Cleveland, but returned to the game.
Coach Tom Coughlin said Friday he will decide whether John Carney or Lawrence Tynes will kick against San Francisco. Tynes has been sidelined since training camp with an injured left knee that required arthroscopic surgery.
Carney was signed days before the season opener and has made all 12 of his field-goal attempts and all 15 extra points.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rice: 'I made the biggest mistake of my life'
- Zimmer hire energized 'unhappy' Peterson
- Bad hair day: Skins rookie regrets new 'do
- Source: Giants unsure if Wilson can return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Elite Jersey New York Giants Jason Pierre-Paul #90