Report: Bears LB Urlacher fined $20K for verbal abuse of official
Urlacher was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct in Sunday's 22-20 loss to the Atlanta Falcons after Bears tackle Tommy Harris had recovered a fumble before giving the ball back to Atlanta while trying to lateral the ball.
The Bears lost the challenge, and Urlacher directed words toward an official, drawing the penalty.
News of Urlacher's fine comes amid a barrage of financial penalties involving players' responses to officiating in Sunday's games.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texans RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Chicago Bears Cross-Body Navy Sheen Purse