Report: Bears LB Urlacher fined $20K for verbal abuse of official
Urlacher was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct in Sunday's 22-20 loss to the Atlanta Falcons after Bears tackle Tommy Harris had recovered a fumble before giving the ball back to Atlanta while trying to lateral the ball.
The Bears lost the challenge, and Urlacher directed words toward an official, drawing the penalty.
News of Urlacher's fine comes amid a barrage of financial penalties involving players' responses to officiating in Sunday's games.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Browns' Haden: Cleveland title race is on
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Jones-Drew: London deserves an NFL team
- Johnson: Lions 'need to win a Super Bowl'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs Chicago Bears 'Man Cave' Street Sign