Cowboys' Ware ties 16-year old record with sack in 10th straight game
Don't Ware It Out
With a sack Sunday, Cowboys LB DeMarcus Ware tied an NFL record for most consecutive games with at least one sack.
The outside linebacker stopped Marc Bulger for a 1-yard loss late in the first quarter. The St. Louis Rams quarterback was scrambling after fumbling a snap from shotgun formation and then getting the ball back.
Ware tied the mark set by Denver's Simon Fletcher from Nov. 15, 1992 to Sept. 20, 1993.
Though he shares the NFL record, Ware remains one game shy of the franchise record. The Cowboys recognize Harvey Martin's 11-game streak from 1976-77, a run that ended five years before the sack became an official statistic, as their number to beat.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Colts owner Irsay faces four felony counts
- Source: Cowboys sign ex-Browns QB Weeden
- Revis on joining Pats: 'I just wanted to win'
- Saints bring back RT Strief on five-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Men's Dallas Cowboys Turbo Watch