Bears' Hester leaves Vikings game with quad injury
It was not immediately known how Hester got hurt, but he did return the second half kickoff and was initially charged with a fumble before video review reversed the call and gave the ball to the Bears.
Hester had two catches for 22 yards in the first half. On Minnesota's second kickoff of the third quarter, Hester was not back to return the kick.
Hester scored 11 TDs on kick returns during his first two regular seasons, seven on punts and four more on kickoffs. He also returned a missed field goal 108 yards in 2006 and ran back the opening kickoff in the Super Bowl against Indianapolis in February 2007 for a touchdown.
He has not returned a kick for a score this season, but has two touchdown catches.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Bears to start Cutler at QB against Browns
- Megatron to show Elam 'old man's strength'
- Jets' Richardson: I'd go No. 1 in NFL redraft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Chicago Bears Orange Franchise Fitted Hat