Pats RB Maroney out for season with bad shoulder
This isn't what the New England Patriots envisioned for their backfield.
Maroney has missed both of the Patriots' losses this season with a shoulder injury and has rushed only 28 times for 93 yards in New England's three victories.
He rushed for 835 yards and six touchdowns last season as the Patriots ran up a perfect record until a Super Bowl loss to the Giants. The Minnesota product ran for 745 yards and six more TDs in his rookie season.
The team also activated offensive lineman Stephen Neal before Monday night's game against the Denver Broncos and signed cornerback Mike Richardson from the practice squad. To make room, the Patriots released offensive lineman Dan Connolly.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Revis, Pats agree to 1-year deal
- Source: Ware, Broncos agree to $30M deal
- Jets agree with WR Decker to bolster offense
- Saffold back to Rams after failing physical
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Alternate Game Jersey New England Patriots Rob Gronkowski #87