Novak released, Barth signed; Chiefs still searching for QB
Novak missed two field-goal attempts in last week's 34-10 loss to the Tennessee Titans. Barth was beaten out by Novak in a close competition and released in August.
With quarterback Brodie Croyle out for the season and Damon Huard wearing a big bandage on his throwing hand, the Chiefs said Tuesday they were working out two veterans and would probably sign one. The Chiefs face the New York Jets on Sunday.
Coach Herm Edwards said former Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Bruce Gradkowski is one quarterback the team has looked at and said that the team does not expect to sign former Pro Bowler Daunte Culpepper.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rivers, Chargers hand Broncos rare home loss
- Four people stabbed in Broncos' parking lot
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Bears to start Cutler at QB against Browns
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Kansas City Chiefs Dwayne Bowe #82