Eagles TE Smith knocked out with concussion after late hit from Milloy
Smith was hit at the end of an incomplete pass down the middle. Donovan McNabb's throw hit a defender in the back of the helmet and Smith turned his head back upfield before taking a hard hit from Milloy.
Milloy took a couple of steps before launching himself with a high hit to Smith's upper body. Milloy was flagged for an unnecessary roughness penalty on the play.
Smith lay on the field clutching his head before being attended to by the training staff. He was helped to his feet and began walking toward the locker room. Smith paused a moment to bend over and remove his helmet before continuing into the tunnel.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
- OTL: He may have shot Tillman
- Source: Jags to meet with Bridgewater again
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Philadelphia Eagles Trent Cole #58