Culpepper negotiating contract with Lions after morning workout
Talks are in the beginning stage and Culpepper has not made any salary demands. Culpepper left the Lions' facility without agreeing to a contract, but he indicated that he will stay in contact with the team.
On Tuesday morning, Culpepper, who announced last week he was coming out of retirement, notified the Chiefs he is looking at the Lions more than the Chiefs.
The Chiefs contacted Culpepper last week and he was intrigued enough to come out of retirement and consider a visit to Kansas City.
That visit didn't happen, and each side has gone its separate way.
Culpepper labeled his workout with the Lions a good one.
Senior writer John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Giants RB Wilson cleared for full practices
- Pettine: Manziel's behavior will be 'non-story'
- Retirees ask judge to reverse concussion ruling
- Favre not worried about boos at Lambeau
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs Detroit Lions Avenue Sign