Ailing Broncos sign running back Bell
Denver traded Bell to the Detroit Lions in March 2007, along with tackle George Foster, for cornerback Dre' Bly. Bell was a 1,000-yard rusher for the Broncos in 2006 and was a second-round pick of Denver's out of Oklahoma State in 2004.
The speedster was cut by the Lions this summer. He is infamously remembered for being accused of taking fellow running back Rudi Johnson's luggage from the facility after he was cut and Johnson was signed by the Lions. Johnson accused Bell of taking his belongings. Bell said it was an honest mistake.Bell has been out of work since being cut by the Lions and he was living and working in Denver for the past two months. The Broncos called Bell for a workout Tuesday after they suffered a series of injuries at tailback.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sherman still holds grudge against Crabtree
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- Redskins S Jackson banned indefinitely again
- Mathieu advice to Gordon: Pick yourself up
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico Denver Broncos Orange Laser Tag License Plate