Roethlisberger gets the message, resumes midweek practice
After missing significant practice time the past two weeks, Roethlisberger practiced with the Steelers (6-3) Wednesday despite his sprained right shoulder.
Participating with the team Wednesday has Roethlisberger optimistic that he will play Sunday against the San Diego Chargers (4-5).
"Oh yeah, I'm practicing," he said. "I'm going to practice today and every day, unless something happens. It always helps when you're actually out there doing stuff and guys can hear your voice and see the ball come out of your hands. So I think it will help a lot."
Tomlin told the media Tuesday during his weekly news conference that the lack of practice time could be one of the reasons Roethlisberger is struggling. Roethlisberger has eight interceptions in his past three games, and his timing with receivers has looked off at times.
James Walker covers the AFC North for ESPN.com.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Source: Giants physical for Rodgers-Cromartie
- Ex-Seahawks CB Thurmond signs with Giants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Ben Roethlisberger Jersey - Home Limited Pittsburgh Steelers