Lions to start Culpepper against Panthers
Culpepper was 5-of-10 for 104 yards in his Detroit debut against the Jacksonville Jaguars. He signed a two-year deal last week, ending his brief retirement after making 11 lackluster appearances the previous two seasons for Oakland and Miami. A knee injury stunted his stellar career three years ago in Minnesota.
"That's why it was so good to play him last week, in my mind," Marinelli said, according to the Detroit News. "He got one under his belt. Every day he's out here, he's getting better and better, faster.
"He's just got a nice presence about him on the field, in terms of energy and getting guys rallied. He's got a way to get guys rallied and excited a little bit. That's who he is naturally, and that just kind of comes out."Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Steelers' Brown rips Sanders' QB comments
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- Source: Colts' Thomas needs quad surgery
- Source: 49ers' Smith, Goodell to talk Aug. 8
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Detroit Lions Black Sheen Wristlet