Lions release QB, ex-Michigan football star Henson
The Lions made the move Wednesday. Detroit replaced Henson on the roster with Adam Jennings to bolster their special teams.
The Lions signed Henson a month ago to be their No. 3 quarterback, but Daunte Culpepper's signing made Henson expendable.
Henson skipped his senior season at Michigan to play baseball for the Yankees. After three seasons in the Yankees' organization he returned to football.
He threw one touchdown pass in seven games for the Dallas Cowboys in 2004. He had one hit in eight games the previous two years for the Yankees.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Pats' Blount cleared of Pittsburgh pot charge
- Lynch offers statement, doesn't answer Q's
- 'Beast Mode' pop-up store doing brisk sales
- Gordon fires at critics in letter: I'm no addict
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Limited Jersey Detroit Lions Reggie Bush #21