Point machine Carney inactive for Giants' Week 11 game
Carney, the oldest player in the league at 44, has hit all 27 of his extra points and 21 of 22 field goal attempts for 90 points. He was signed days before the start of the season because of a knee injury to Lawrence Tynes.
Tynes returned last week and handled the kickoffs.
The Giants did not say why Carney was inactive. He practiced all week.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers tops Watt, collects 2nd MVP award
- Seau, Bettis, Shields among 8 in HOF class
- Cardinals' Arians wins 2nd coach of the year honor
- Watt 1st unanimous DPOY; Murray honored
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's New York Giants Warp Speed Royal Performance Hoodie