Lions sign receiver Colbert, place wideout Furrey on IR
Detroit added him to the roster Monday when it put wide receiver Mike Furrey on injured reserve because of a concussion.
Colbert was released by the Seattle Seahawks on Nov. 11, nearly two months after they acquired him from Denver for an undisclosed draft pick.
He had seven receptions and scored once in seven games for the Seahawks and didn't catch a pass in two games with the Broncos. Carolina drafted the former Southern California star in the second round and he had a career-high 47 receptions as a rookie in 2004.
Furrey caught 18 passes in nine games this season, two years after he had 98 receptions for the Lions.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Steve Smith reaches 3-year deal with Ravens
- Colts strike deal with former Giants WR Nicks
- Pats reach deal with suspended CB Browner
- Spikes agrees to contract terms with Buffalo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Dominic Raiola Wall Graphic