Ex-Lions WR Rogers agrees to substance abuse counseling
Rogers, who starred at Michigan State before the Lions made him the No. 2 overall pick in the 2003 NFL draft, has been held in the Oakland County Jail since Wednesday. He will be released by 8 p.m. Monday.
The 27-year-old Rogers, from Saginaw, Mich., originally was arrested in September and charged with assault and battery involving a female acquaintance. He later pleaded no contest to trespassing.
Novi District Judge Brian MacKenzie says Rogers had been entered into a three-quarters treatment house as part of his probation. He later tested positive for the painkiller Vicodin.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chancellor probable after late-practice injury
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Hundreds lose out on tickets to Super Bowl
- Goodell: NFL to rule on Lynch fine after SB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Home Limited Jersey Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson #81