Lions await results from Culpepper's MRI on shoulder
Detroit coach Rod Marinelli said the team would wait for results of the exam before exploring other options for a starting quarterback.
After Culpepper was hurt Sunday, Drew Henson was sacked on the final play.
Dan Orlovsky hopes to be healthy enough to play this week after being out for a month with a wrist injury. Drew Stanton has been sidelined for two weeks with a concussion, but is expected to be ready to play, if necessary.
The Lions (0-13) will close at Indianapolis, against New Orleans and at Green Bay, hoping to avoid being the NFL's first 0-16 team.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texans RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Wild Sports Detroit Lions Tim Wolfe Series Desktop Helmet Statue