Knee injury could reportedly land Bruschi on IR
The New England Patriots may have to battle for the AFC East title without one of their defensive stalwarts.
The Boston Herald reported on Monday that linebacker Tedy Bruschi may go on injured reserve due to a knee injury. The injury is not as serious as previously feared, but New England might not have the luxury of keeping Bruschi on the roster as it pushes for the playoffs. Sources told the newspaper he would miss three to four weeks.
Bruschi's left knee was hit by teammate Mike Richardson in the second quarter of the Patriots' 24-21 win over the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday. He left the team following the game and headed back to Boston for tests.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers not cleared, still under evaluation
- Broncos' Welker still not cleared to practice
- Marshall almost pulled 'a Dez Bryant' Dec. 1
- Durable Redskins LB Fletcher likely to retire
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- G-III Men's New England Patriots Commemorative Jacket