Chargers' Dielman ejected
Hali, the left defensive end, stripped Philip Rivers of the ball and recovered it, then tried to get up and run.
As the pile was being untangled and Hali was still on the ground, Dielman appeared to take a swing at him. The 15-yard penalty gave the Chiefs a first down on the San Diego 17, but a moment later Stephen Cooper intercepted Tyler Thigpen's pass in the end zone. It was only the seventh sack of the year for Kansas City.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Jones-Drew: London deserves an NFL team
- Johnson: Lions 'need to win a Super Bowl'
- Pack hold off Favre return, afraid of booing
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico Kansas City Chiefs Silver Laser Tag License Plate