Viewership record set in Giants-Cowboys game
The Cowboys' 20-8 win Sunday on NBC attracted 23.1 million viewers, the network said Tuesday.
The game earned a 13.7 rating and 21 share to make it the third-highest rated "Sunday Night Football" game; there are more potential viewers now, so even a lower rating can mean a record audience.
The rating is the percentage watching a program among homes with televisions. The share is the percentage tuned into the broadcast among those households with TVs on at the time.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Panthers officially cut ties with receiver Smith
- Sources: Pats' Wilfork asks team for release
- Eagles acquire Sproles for 5th-round pick
- Martin on 49ers: 'It's a blank slate for me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint New York Giants Framed Memories Photo Mint