Viewership record set in Giants-Cowboys game
The Cowboys' 20-8 win Sunday on NBC attracted 23.1 million viewers, the network said Tuesday.
The game earned a 13.7 rating and 21 share to make it the third-highest rated "Sunday Night Football" game; there are more potential viewers now, so even a lower rating can mean a record audience.
The rating is the percentage watching a program among homes with televisions. The share is the percentage tuned into the broadcast among those households with TVs on at the time.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers not cleared, still under evaluation
- Broncos' Welker still not cleared to practice
- Source: Garvin fined $25K for hit on Huber
- Flacco to wear knee brace against Patriots
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Jason Witten Jersey - Away Game Dallas Cowboys