Ravens' Walker says he didn't spit on Steelers' Berger
"It was a slobber moment," Walker said. "Yeah, say it, don't spray it. After the kick, he felt like I tried to take his kicker's knee out and I was just trying to block his kick."
Berger and kicker Jeff Reed told Pittsburgh reporters they don't believe Walker.
"I had my mouth open and was about to say something when he spit right on me," Berger said. "It wasn't something that happens by accident when you're talking sometimes. There was the full noise, he made the full spitting noise."
Added Reed: "I just couldn't believe he did what he did. It was disgusting, just classless."
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Kelly leaves NYC to continue cancer treatment
- Source: Manziel works out for Browns brass
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Pittsburgh Steelers Heath Miller #83