Boldin, Arrington could sit vs. Pats
Boldin, named to the Pro Bowl for a third time on Tuesday, has a shoulder injury. Arrington, whose role on the team has increased through the season, has a sore knee. They both sat out practice Wednesday and Thursday.
Coach Ken Whisenhunt said he would take a conservative approach to both players to make sure they are ready for the team's first-round playoff game. The Cardinals (8-6) already have clinched the NFC West title.
"Both these guys want to play and if they're ready to go they'll play," Whisenhunt said. "Hopefully they've shown improvement and will continue to improve, but I think you also have to be smart with that situation."
If Boldin can't play, Steve Breaston will move into a starting spot with Jerheme Urban moving to the No. 3 receiver spot. Rookie Early Doucet also could see some playing time at the wide receiver position.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Arizona Cardinals Breast Cancer Awareness 39Thirty Flex Fitted Hat