Saints' Bush has knee surgery
Updated: January 8, 2009, 3:03 PM ETESPN.com news services
However, Bush is expected to be ready for minicamp in June. Saints GM Mickey Loomis said Bush had a microfracture procedure performed on his left knee after he was placed on injured reserve in mid-December, according to the New Orleans Times-Picayune.
Saints coach Sean Payton had indicated last week that Bush underwent an arthroscopic procedure performed by Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala.Loomis said the surgery was not a "major" procedure, according to the report. "I wouldn't want to call it minor, because he's got a pretty significant period of rehab time," Loomis told the Times-Picayune. "But at the end of it, he shouldn't have any issues."
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sherman still holds grudge against Crabtree
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- NFL supplemental draft passes without a pick
- Redskins S Jackson banned indefinitely again
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Detroit Lions Reggie Bush #21