Ingram back after month on lam
CENTRAL ISLIP, N.Y. -- Former Super Bowl standout Mark Ingram -- arrested last week in Michigan after a month on the lam -- is back in New York.
The former New York Giant was arrested Friday in Flint, Mich. He appeared briefly in a Long Island federal court Wednesday, but the hearing was postponed until Thursday so Ingram can be assigned an attorney, court officials said.
Ingram had disappeared Dec. 5, on the day he was scheduled to report to a Kentucky prison for bank fraud and money laundering. He had sought to delay the start of his nearly eight-year prison term so he could watch his son's freshman season as a University of Alabama running back.
Ingram was arrested hours before Alabama was beaten by Utah in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chancellor probable after late-practice injury
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Hundreds lose out on tickets to Super Bowl
- Goodell: NFL to rule on Lynch fine after SB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Away Game Jersey New York Giants Eli Manning #10