Broncos' Wiegmann added to Pro Bowl
Wiegmann centered a line that set a franchise record by allowing just 12 sacks this season and was second in the league with a 396-yard average.
Wiegmann joined the Broncos as a free agent from Kansas City and earned the starting job when Tom Nalen needed season-ending knee surgery during training camp. The Broncos never missed a beat and Wiegmann's steady leadership was credited with bringing along a young line that included tackles Ryan Harris and Ryan Clady.
Wiegmann has started 127 straight games, most among NFL centers, and taken 8,046 consecutive snaps.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chancellor probable after late-practice injury
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Hundreds lose out on tickets to Super Bowl
- Goodell: NFL to rule on Lynch fine after SB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Alternate Game Jersey Denver Broncos Peyton Manning #18