Dekker released on $1,000 bond
Dekker was released on $1,000 bond, police said.
Dekker was waived injured in August by the team, which will play Arizona in the Super Bowl next Sunday. He injured his knee in the preseason.
Police said they responded to a complaint at 3:30 a.m. near Old Town Alexandria. When they arrived, Dekker tried to flee but was apprehended.
A hearing is scheduled for Feb. 2.
The 6-foot-5, 250-pound Dekker played three games for the Steelers in 2007. He was signed by the Steelers in 2006 as a free agent from Princeton and spent that season on the practice squad.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texans RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Pittsburgh Steelers Coin Panoramic Photo Mint