Report: Haley to talk to Chiefs
The Kansas City Chiefs have received permission from the Arizona Cardinals to interview offensive coordinator Todd Haley for their head-coaching vacancy, The Kansas City Star reported, citing unnamed sources.
It was not clear when or where a meeting between Haley and new Chiefs GM Scott Pioli would take place, according to the report.
Haley has been rumored as a favorite for the Chiefs' job for weeks, as the Cardinals, one of the NFL's highest-scoring offenses, advanced through the NFC playoffs to the Super Bowl.
Haley and Pioli worked together with the New York Jets between 1997 and 1999, with Pioli as director of pro personnel and Haley as an assistant coach.
Pioli, who left a front-office position with the Patriots to take over as Chiefs GM last month, fired former coach Herm Edwards on Jan. 23.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Steve Smith reaches 3-year deal with Ravens
- Colts strike deal with former Giants WR Nicks
- Pats reach deal with suspended CB Browner
- Spikes agrees to contract terms with Buffalo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Kansas City Chiefs Alex Smith #11