Report: Haley to talk to Chiefs
The Kansas City Chiefs have received permission from the Arizona Cardinals to interview offensive coordinator Todd Haley for their head-coaching vacancy, The Kansas City Star reported, citing unnamed sources.
It was not clear when or where a meeting between Haley and new Chiefs GM Scott Pioli would take place, according to the report.
Haley has been rumored as a favorite for the Chiefs' job for weeks, as the Cardinals, one of the NFL's highest-scoring offenses, advanced through the NFC playoffs to the Super Bowl.
Haley and Pioli worked together with the New York Jets between 1997 and 1999, with Pioli as director of pro personnel and Haley as an assistant coach.
Pioli, who left a front-office position with the Patriots to take over as Chiefs GM last month, fired former coach Herm Edwards on Jan. 23.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Davis ends holdout, reports to 49ers camp
- Report: Pouncey could miss half the season
- Browns fan urinates on Art Modell's grave
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Kansas City Chiefs Vapor Fly Lockup Football Gloves